Thursday, March 8, 2012

Where Is The Party?

Happy Thursday! My Spring break is more than half way done - how I dread thinking about that.

Anywho, can someone tell me where the party is at?

Well, it's definitely in this tiny bottle of polish. So today I have this beautiful swatch for you. I picked this up at Ulta last night since I was in the area. Usually there is a $3.50 coupon so I wanted to wait for that because I forgot to bring it. But I decided to pick this up because it was only $.99! Who can go wrong with that? It's such a beautiful color.



I love it! Please excuse the bubbles and poor painting, hope you don't mind. Oh and the many pictures but I really wanted you see the beautiful duochrome. Where Is The Party? is a beautiful deep purple with a green'ish/grey duochrome. Even my husband commented on this polish! He said it was really cool and reminds him of a chameleon. It must be pretty cool because he rarely ever comments on my manicure. 

I used 2 coats since 1 coat was just a little bit too sheer for me. I was actually surprised when I began the application. The brush isn't too shabby. I would say it's pretty nice for a $.99 polish. I honestly prefer the Essence brushes over Essie. The formula was ok. It was a little thick which made the application a little hard. At the tips of my nail when I brushed it out, it curled up and went the opposite direction. I'm not sure how to explain that but it was weird. Anywho, I hope you enjoyed this!

What do you think about this duochrome? Yay or nay?
Anna


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! This is actually my first duochrome! (= Totally enjoying it!

      Delete
  2. Ugh, I get so jealous of people who can literally pop into an Ulta. I need one near me! But this is a really cool duochrome and a great color to celebrate Spring Break with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats unfortunate. I live like literally 10 mins max from Ulta. Def a fun color!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Amanda! I don't have an Ulta close to me at all, it's like an hour or two away from me. I really want some Essence polishes and this one is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this duochrome! Must go to Ulta! Haha and I, too, dread the thought that spring break is over half way done! I don't wanna go back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I am super impressed! Spring Break went by WAYYY too quickly - so sad. )= Back to reality on Monday.

      Delete
  5. This is really pretty!!! It reminds me a bit of Nubar Indigo Illusion. I love duochromes ;0).
    Sorry spring break is almost over :(.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I dont own any Nubar polishes at all. And duochromes are so fun! And its ok, summer break will soon be here! YAY!

      Delete
  6. It's a nice duochrome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey there just wanted to let you know I nominated you for a blogger award :) oh and i know i am so totally lame for not getting my post up for the awards you were awesome enough to tag me in--i am SO working on it i swear :)

    ReplyDelete