Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Twinsie Tuesday: Magazine Inspired

I had no idea how I wanted to polish this week's theme but I hope I did some sort of justice to the challenge! I wasn't sure if we were suppose to choose a mani that was featured in a magazine or an actual mani that looks like a magazine, but here is mine:

Can you tell which magazine this is from?

Did you guess it correct?


TIME Magazine!

Man! This mani was hard! I have never done the "frame" mani and I probably won't do it again because it's just too much free hand work and the lines aren't crisp enough for me to be content with it. I could've used the other method where I paint over the red, but oh well, I think it turned out not too shabby!

What do you think?
Anna

Click below for more magazine inspire manis!
Amanda at Amandalandish 
Amber at Nails Like Lace 
Anne at Grape Fizz Nails 
Chelsea at Nailed Blog 
ChiChi at I'm Just Me...ChiChi 
Cordia at Seriously Swatched 
Elizabeth at Did My Nails 
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Roisin at Cuti-CLUE-les
Traci at DrinkCitra


15 comments:

  1. I would never have guessed the magazine in fairness (we don't get it) but I love the mani

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that you used Time for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job freehanding the edges. I have tried that once and only did one nail, but wow it takes some patience and a steady hand. I wondered if the method of painting the dark color first and then filling it it would be easier? My mind says no it would still take a careful and precise application to get the border look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful manicure!
    good inspirational magazine.
    Judit kiss

    http://juditnailpolishblog.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute interpretation! I could never freehand a frame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this came out great! I probably could never get mine to look nearly as good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! I love the contrast of red and white.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this interpretation! I have never attempted a frame mani--I know I would turn it into a disaster haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah this is so clever! lol. I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a creative idea for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so awesome! I love this design!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such an incredibly fantastic idea! I haven't done a frame mani yet because I also worry about getting the lines crisp enough, but that's totally the kind of thing we all judge ourselves more harshly on, isn't it? I think these look great! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I love this! Such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete