Saturday, May 5, 2012

Stripes and Splatters

I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

This is my first time trying out the whole "splatters" trend. It's sort of messed up. But practice make perfect! I have waited for this long because of the awful stories I hear about the cuticles being flooded. And let me tell you, I prob won't be doing anything like this for a long time.


I wish I would've put less of the green and white splatters because it flooded the pink and orange stripes which I really loved. I also wish I would've picked different colors for the splatters because it really blended in with the pink and orange. I feel like there's no stand out color although I am enjoying it. But yes, the cuticle flood and clean up was a pain in the anal. Not cool.

What do you think? Have you tried splattered effect yet?
Anna

13 comments:

  1. I think you did great job! Reminds me of Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas. Thanks! Totally not what I was aiming for though. LOL

      Delete
  2. I'm with Amanda, this really had me thinking of Christmas. It really does look good though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this! I have tried a splatter mani, but it didn't work for me. No matter what kind of straw I used, I couldn't get it to splatter at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im not too happy with the splatters for this one. But I MIGHT try it again sometime. Theres a trick to the straw. When you blow out the polish, make sure it isnt all gooped up in the straw, only enough polish in the inner wall of the straw and when you blow, itll splat out! I learned this after my failed index^^ attempt. LOL

      Delete
  4. Cute, this is awesome! I haven't tried this trend, but I really like the way yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this splatter, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this look!! i haven't tried it yet but i really want to!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice splatters ,I like your work.

    ReplyDelete