Wednesday, December 14, 2011

ELF Comparison

So, I opened my tiny package from ELF today and as soon as I opened the up the conditioning lip balms in Blissful Berry and Nice and Natural, I immediately thought about the L'Oreal Infallible in Lindas Beige and Revlon Soft Rose. Id say they seem to be a little bit of dupes.

 ELF Conditioning Lip Balm in Nice and Natural versus L'Oreal Infallible Lindas Beige
ELF Conditioning Lip Balm Blissful Berry vs Revlon Soft Nude

Top: Elf BB 
2nd top: Revlon SF
3rd bottom: Elf N&N
Bottom: L'Oreal LB

They seem a bit similar eh? On to the swatches...
Indoor without flash ^

Indoor with flash^

Pros: ELF Lip Balms
-$3 US dollars
-There are always promotion coupons
-Non sticky formula
-Very pigmented for a lip balm
Cons: ELF Lip Balms
-White flash back in the pictures due to SPF 15
-Not many shade selections 
-Pots are a bit tiny, may be hard to use your fingers
The Revlon Soft Nude (runs about $7-$8) is in deed a beautiful lipstick but to me seems to dry up my lips a tiny bit. The L'Oreal Infallible (runs $10-$12) stays on forever and claims to last up to 16 hours! You will need an oil based makeup remover to get this bad boy off. All L'Oreal Infallible Lipstains come a conditioning topcoat that is absolutely shiny and beautiful.

So if your looking for some what of a dupe, you should definitely check out the ELF lip balms. They dont break the bank! I actually love the lip balms more the Revlon lipstick. I do however LOVE the L'Oreal Infallible lip stain due to the long staying power. So it really depends on what you prefer. 

What do you think?


I AM FINALLY DONE WITH FALL SEMESTER!
This semester and undoubtedly the next semester has been and will the hardest considering my little 4 month old. I won’t entirely be able to enjoy winter break since I am taking a class to cut my time so I can graduate sooner, however I will be 1 year and 1 semester behind (there’s a long story behind that). I am little disappointed in myself due to my grades but I am still so proud of myself for passing with a decent grade. I wonder how all these other mothers are making it with their little new borns while attending school; props to them because I struggled this semester. Now I have to kick up this Spring semester. Although I am disappointed, I will leave it in God’s hand. (=

Today was my wonderful day off work! I spent the afternoon with my lovely sister and browsed around a few stores and saw this little wall plague that said: “Faith makes things possible, not easy.” And I have to say that, this has been the 3rd time this week that I came across that saying. Lately, I have been stressing out about everything. But I have been really challenging myself, and I believe that He is too; challenging my faith in Him. It has been tough, but I know that He never fails, and NEVER slacks. So, continuing on I go.

Completely trusting in Him,
AHY


0 comments:

Post a Comment