Friday, June 29, 2012

Grin & Berry It

This is Ulta Grin & Berry It. What a weird name. I wonder what it means.





This is indeed my go-to color right now. I love the wine-berry'ish color. The purple shimmer is so subtle and beautiful. It was hard capturing it in daylight but the way it is in the flash it how visible it is in real life. I love the way it sits on my nails.

The formula and pigmentation were great. Very smooth and opaque in 2 coats. I have heard a few people having problems with the Ulta brand but I have always come across the goods. Maybe I've been lucky! If so, I hope my luck doesn't run out!

Well, I hope you all have a great weekend!

What's your go-to wine color?
Anna

15 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful colour! The name is a reference to the phrase 'grin and bear it', to smile and carry on even when thngs are hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awhhhh. I see. Thanks for letting me know. It totally makes sense now!

      Delete
  2. Love this! I have been happy with my Ulta polishes:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous berry shade, lovely! I've had bad luck with my pastel Ulta polishes, they've been a bit thick and hard to place on the nail, if that makes sense... But some of the deeper colors I've owned have been just fine. Might have to give this one a try if you say the formula is A-ok, it sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always seem to have bad luck with mostly all pastel colors. /= Always streaky. However the darker ones like these are so lovely!

      Delete
  4. I think they were just trying to be playful with the name in comparison to "grin and bear it" lol but that is a very pretty berry color, I need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I just figured that it. LOL And it is really pretty! A staple in the collection!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous colour!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so nice on you! Wish I could pull off the berry shades.

    ReplyDelete