Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Twinsie Tuesday: Half Moon Mani

This weeks theme was a real challenge and made me cringe: half moon mani using a neon and a pastel.


The neon and pastel together on a nail makes me go cray cray. I can definitely do it if it were clothing articles put together to make an outfit. Or maybe it was just me who couldn't pull off the neon and pastel half moon mani. This was a real hot mess. 



For the pastel mint, I used Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet and a blue neon polish that I will be doing a post on soon. So stay tuned! Both polishes applied perfectly and evenly in 2 coats.

I freehanded this bad boy because I didn't have enough time to allow for the mint polish to dry and adding then adding the guide before adding the blue neon.  Lately, my Twinsie Tuesday posts haven't been the greatest. I need to get back in game! So please excuse my slack. I also had a hard time because I couldn't decide what was a good combo for a neon and a pastel to be put together to form a half moon mani, so I hope it doesn't look too bad!

On a side note, only 1 more class lecture then finals and summer break is finally here! Woo-hoo!

What are some neon and pastel combos you think would look good together?
Anna 

Check out the other Twsinsies' neon and pastel half moon mani!
 Amanda at Amandalandish
Ashley at Art Evolve
Brandi at The Collegiate Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
ChiChi at I''m just me...ChiChi
Cordia at Srsly Swatched
Katherine at Haul of Fame
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It

17 comments:

  1. What a lovely color-combo, it's fun how the bue almost turns the mint grey - nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a really good job! We also used pretty much the exact same colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did a great job Anna! I really like these 2 colors together.

      Delete
  3. I think this was such a hit, they colours are actually gorgeous together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome!! You are too hard on yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing <3 The colors look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I reallllyy love this!! I do not think it's a mess at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this a lot! I think it looks great, especially the freehanding! Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that color combo! And wow, you did that freehand?! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, you did a great job free handing this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this looks great on you! And that's some VERY impressive free-handing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these colors together. I think this came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how this came!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love this combo! Mint and royal blue are not colors I'd ever put together but I really, really love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I can't believe you freehanded this. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete