Saturday, April 28, 2012

Chomped Go Go Pink

Hopefully everyone is having an awesome weekend so far!

Sorry about being MIA. This week and next week are finals week and I am just feeling swamped! Anywho, but I do have a post for you today!


Here is China Glaze Go Go Pink. This is 3 coats. The first coat was super streaky, the 2nd coat was mildly streaky and the last coat made it perfect! Needless to say it was well worth the 3 coats! (I'm not a 3 coater person) I am so glad that I picked this up. It was on sale at Sally's as a combo with Seche Vite. It was only like $6.99 so I picked it up on a whim figuring I could giveaway the bottle of Seche Vite. Well, I'm usually not into milky pastel colors but for some reason, I am really enjoying this one on my nails. I love it! It's simply just a soft, milky, pastel almost jelly looking pink. Gah. I just love this one so much.


So this is the reason I chomped down all my nails. Since after having my baby, my nails aren't as strong as they used to be. And so at the very edge of my thumb nail, it ripped like this. Which really sucked. It caught onto everything and I mean everything. My hair, his diaper, my clothes. And it wasn're pretty to look at. So I just decided to chomp it down and regrow my nails. I haven't had my nails this short in YEARS and its awfully strange. However, I am debating whether to pick up the guitar again or not (that means I'll need to have short trimmed nails in order to play). But anyways, yes, this was the reason why I cut my nails super short. I'm not the kind of person to let myself have nails that have different lengths on each finger (which by the way is fine by me with other people). So, I hope my short nails don't look to bad.

Has this ever happened to you?
Anna

8 comments:

  1. Hah, has this ever NOT happened to me? I have incredibly weak nails that split, break, and peel (yes, layers will peel back near the top...) all the time. I keep "nourishing" base coats on them, and that helps, but I have to wear nail polish all the time or else they just aren't strong enough to survive, and I avoid sheer polishes since they look so messed up after years of splitting and peeling. I wish I had some advice, but keeping them filed and keeping some sort of strengthening/ nourishing base coat on them are the two things I've found that make any difference.

    In other news, that pink is awesome on you! It's a very flattering pastel. I go through Seche Vite like nobody's business, so I might have to see if my local Sally's has this combo available!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went to Sallys to buy some stuff for my weak nails. Hopefully it works!

      Delete
  2. My nails have always had issues. I use lots of moisturizers for nials...they say that helps with peeling issues. And I always keep on some kind of strengthening base coat. Nailtiques #2 is a really good one, I have also used revitanail. You could also use something like gelous to reinforce your nails a bit. I hope this help out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would really like this pink! Need to see in person! Sorry to hear about your nails, but they do look nice, good shape! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didnt think that I would like it when I first purchased it, but I am totally in love with it now!

      Delete
  4. the 3 coats was definitely worth it!!! its just a pain in the butt to let it dry! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG nail rips like that happen to me so often!! It's so true; if you run your hand through your hair it snags on it, and it snags on everything else!!

    Your nails look gorgeous, and what a beautiful colour!! :D

    ReplyDelete