Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Twinsie Tuesday: Nude Polish

Today's Twinsie Tuesday post is: nude polish.


Sorry for the last post, my son has had a pretty grumpy morning. 

Well, to be honest I only own 1 nude polish (to me it's nude) and I don't really like it. I haven't decided yet if it's the nude that I don't like or the formula. Let me know what you think. 


Sorry, not a lot of sunshine here today. Anywho, this is Essie Topless and Barefoot. 3 nice coats and I feel like it was still a little streaky. I actually bought this on a whim just to try out Essie polishes, and I think it's the Essie that I really don't like. The formula is poo, and the brush is too short for my preference. That's the reason why I have decided to put it in my blog sale. After application, I did some research and apparently the hype about this polish when it was first released were that it was an opaque polish. What happened to mine? Anywho, I feel like this color just doesn't sit well against my skin tone. Topless and Barefoot is a putty beige shade that has a slightly pink undertone and this it just does not compliment my skin. However, for others I think this can be a real gem.

So what do you think of T&B? Do you like your Essie polishes?
Anna

I'm excited to see what the other Twinsie Tuesdays ladies posted, maybe I'll be able to find a real awesome nude polish! Be sure to check them out! 
Amanda at Amandalandish
Ashley at Art Evolve
Brandi at The Collegiate Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
ChiChi at I''m just me...ChiChi
Katherine at Haul of Fame

13 comments:

  1. Shame about the formula. I hate when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that a lot of my essies are like this, particularly if they are pastel :( boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think Ill be purchasing any creme finishes especially nudes from Essie anytime soon.

      Delete
  3. Sorry you didn't like the formula. I like the color though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looove nudes, but nude creams can sometimes look thick or streaky on the nail... Have you tried a nude with just a hint of shimmer? Not so much that it is frosty, though! I've had good luck with some of the nudes/ pale greiges in the Pixel line of mini polishes. They carry them at Ulta. Too bad about this formula, I think the shade looks nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep forgetting to pick up some Pixel polishes and I was just there the other day! Darn! Are there any you recommend though?

      Delete
  5. I know what you mean about Essie polishes. I stick to the darker ones, I find they are more opaque. Most of them seem runny to me though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this shade and love it, more of a pink on me than a nude tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a pretty shade, I'm sorry the formula didn't work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually think the color looks quite nice on you but sounds like the formula isn't worth the trouble. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. This does looks pretty on you, but I completely understand what you are saying about the formula. I find Essie formulas to be hit and miss, but their nude/pastel formulas may be some of the worst. I have a few very light Essies that are streaky even with three coats. No thanks lol

    ReplyDelete