Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Twinsie Tuesday: Tape Mani

Hello! This weeks Twinsie Tuesday edition is: tape mani.


Lately, I haven't been having any good picture days. I thought those days were over when I graduated highschool. But I've learned to embrace it and accept that everyday can't be a perfect picture day. You just make the best of it! I like to think that goes for everything else. That being said on to the mani!

One, I don't really do tape manis because for some reason I can never get clean crisp lines. And that bothers the living thing out of me. So I just stay away from it. But today is a small exception.


I think this is one of my worst manis yet. After I polished this manis and took pictures, I took it off. The crooked lines would not make me happy. By the way, sorry for the dent on the index. That was from my son.

For this mani I used Sally Hansen X treme wear in Wet Cemet, Lacey Lilac and Mint Sorbet. Most of them were opaque in 2 coats.

Well, tell me what you think. Maybe I've been too hard on myself lately.
Anna

Don't forget to check out the other Twinsie ladies for their awesome tape mani!

Amanda at Amandalandish
Ashley at Art Evolve
Brandi at The Collegiate Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
ChiChi at I''m just me...ChiChi
Katherine at Haul of Fame
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Sarah at See Sarah Swatch

And don't forget to enter my 100 Followers giveaway! (=

26 comments:

  1. I love the colours you chose here!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color combo and your pinkie looks awesome! Color blocking like this is trendy right now. Keep practicing, you'll get the hang of it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these colors are so pretty together for spring! love it! I also had trouble with this week's theme but it's always fun to try new things :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the colors you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I love how well the colors go together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color combination! Tape manis aren't my thing either so no worries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes I wonder how people can it PERFECT if you know what I mean...

      Delete
  7. This looks great! The colors go perfect together. My lines are never crisp for tape manis either. I thought I'm using the wrong tape or something. Yours turned out great, don't be so hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, sorry about the crooked lines... I haven't ever attempted a tape mani, because I am convinced I would screw it up! The shades you chose are amazing together, I wouldn't have thought of pairing them on a nail, but they work and feel very modern :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first time and it was hard. But thanks!

      Delete
  9. This is the prettiest color combo!!! I love the mint and lilac together, so springy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out really cute! The colors remind me of ice cream for some reason haha. I know what you mean though about wanting the lines to look absolutely crisp and perfect--I botched one of my lines and it bothered me so badly!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this same out good! Your color choices go amazing together. This mani screams spring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this pastel color-blocking! Yours is the first Twinsie Tuesday I've seen and when I saw the tape mani theme I was like, YESSS! because I love me some tape manis and you did not disappoint! To me tape manis are mainly about making awesome color combinations and this one is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete