Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Velvet Rose

Yes, that's right. Yet another Jessica polish. I'm telling you, I can't get enough of these! I wish I heard about this brand years ago. If I had, I bet more than 75% of my collection would be of this brand. Slowly but surely I am definitely building my tiny collection of Jessica's. I can't wait to get my hands on some more!

As usual. I couldn't expect anything less than perfection with this one. Like the many others, this one went on smoothly in 2 coats.




As you can see, Velvet Rose is a bright sort of frosted pearl'ish pink with slight yellow undertones. It's so beautiful! In the bottle it looks exactly like this, except once I swatched this onto my nail, it was even more vibrant. Thankfully the pictures came out accurate.

I usually tend to stay away from these kinds of finishes, the frosty pearly ones because I truly hate seeing brush strokes but I am so glad that I picked this up (I'm a bit OCD about that). I have been having such great luck with all these Jessica polishes and I hope my luck doesn't run out!

So how do you feel about frosted finishes and obvious brush strokes?
Anna

Oh and if you can't get a hold of Jessica's be sure to check out my giveaway

13 comments:

  1. Your nails are on fire Anna, it looks amazing, like you photoshopped the color...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! Now that you mention, it sort of does huh?

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, pretty color! I wish I was able to find a place that sold Jessica's. I would definitely try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous color! I'm on the fence with frosts and brush strokes; I think frost finishes are gorgeous, and I'm willing to accept minimal brushstrokes as inherent to the finish, but if it's a total mess I'll use it once and never touch it again! I don't think this one looks bad at all, it would totally pass my brushstroke test! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awhhh. I totally get what your saying! I hate brush strokes too. But I agree, this one totally passes!

      Delete
  5. I just discovered Jessica polishes as well! I bought 3 combo packs of these polishes. I have swatches of all of them on my blog. Its called perfectly polished, and I'd really appreciate it if you could check it out, let me know what you think, and maybe spread the word about my blog? I'd be willing to do the same for you! heres the link!

    http://perfectlypolished04.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about the frosty pearlescent polishes, but there's something so lovely about this color I don't even care! It's just so lady-like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like brush strokes but this polish is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I normally hate anything that leaves brush strokes, but this color is fascinating!

    ReplyDelete